Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Something special for my Silent Praise group at Hope College!

Something special for my Silent Praise group at Hope College! The kids at the handicap center in Mahadaga were pretty excited that I knew some sign language and could communicate with them quite a bit the past few days. I told them about the group at Hope College called Silent Praise. I was a part of it for four years, and was director for my last two years. We learn sign language to praise songs, and share it with local churches. This was a huge part of my learning sign language (as well as a couple mission trips to Jamaica working with the deaf and taking an ASL1 class).

They wanted to say a special hello to my Silent Praise group (as do I!! Miss you guys!)!

(“We are the students of CE1 (3rd grade) in Mahadaga. Hello Silent Praise and God bless you in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen!”)

No comments: