Brit and I in our new Assemblies of God (Assemblies de Dieu, AD) outfits. With Edward and Evance from the orphanage in their Manistee tshirts!!

Brit and I with Adiara, our social worker who has lived with us the past 2 months
At the orphanage, we celebrated Easter with a special lunch and dinner. Normally it's Toh every day, but for lunch we had macaroni with meat donated by our Social Action and for dinner, riz gras with meat- one of our goats killed by our boys, and no, no eyes or tongue for me this time. Brittany and I made cupcakes for them all for dinner and watched "Victory," an old soccer movie with legend "Pele" in it (whom they all love). It was a lot of fun, and great to eat all together and spend time just laughing and talking.
The kids enjoying lunch with a sort of koolaid drink they make for special occasions
The line up of bowls ready for the kids to grab for lunchI pray that your Easter celebration was great as well, and that in this season, that God will renew our vision and remind us all how precious His gift was and what it means for us today.
I had an incredible experience during my week in Kongoussi, watching the film about Jesus’ life, that reminded me of the personal part of the story- God did this for ME! But also that it was because of ME that He died. I kept hearing the familiar hymn, How Deep the Father's Love for Us... "It was my sin that held him there, until it was accomplished. His dying breath has brought me life, I know that it is finished.."
----
I can hardly believe I’ve passed my halfway point here in Africa. It has gone so quickly!! September still sounds very far away, but I know that this second half will probably fly by just as quickly as the last. I don’t like to think about how quickly it has gone though. Brittany gave me a good quote relating to this…
“Notice how we are perpetually surprised at Time. (‘How time flies! Fancy John being grown-up and married! I can hardly believe it!’) In heaven’s name, why? Unless indeed, there is something in us which is not temporal." ---- “A Severe Mercy” CS Lewis
This reminds me once again that life here isn't it... We're so surprised by time going by quickly perhaps because we are "time oriented" and yet we're not meant to be living in time. Our time here on Earth is so short, and yet we're eternal beings and our spirits are moving towards what will be be after death- where there are no limits to time. We are created to be eternal but our bodies are the ticking clock... I know, sounds a bit deep, but I've been thinking a lot about this lately... And would love to talk more if you want!
----
"I will not boast in anything, no gifts no power no wisdom, but I will boast in Jesus Christ, his death and resurrection. Why should I gain from his reward, I cannot give an answer, but this I know with all my heart, his wounds have paid my ransom."
----
Blessings in this new year in Christ!
A servant for Him,
~Liz

1 comment:
Blessed Easter to you, too, Elizabeth! with love from the Lindstroms.
Post a Comment